Do you love grooming your cat? I am guessing the answer is yes as that’s why you are on a hunt for a best clippers for Maine Coon cats!!
One of the best things about having a cat is that they typically do an excellent job of grooming themselves. Nevertheless, there are occasions when a cat owner must assist with coat care by trimming. Matted fur is a common problem in long-haired cat breeds like the Maine Coon, and while preventative measures are always preferable to treatment, your cat’s coat may rapidly grow out of control.
Scissors, combs, and professional brushes may not be enough in certain situations, and a heavy-duty remedy like clippers may be the only option. Clippers are required for every long-haired breed cat, and your Maine Coon is no different. Then why is the Maine Coon a clipper contender, and which clippers should you use?
The size and coat of Maine Coons distinguishes them from other breeds. During the summer, you may be tempted to have your Maine Coon professionally shaved or do it personally use pet-safe clippers. Keep on reading this blog to find the “Best clippers for Maine coon cat.”
OUR TOP PICKS
We totally value the time of each consumer who is looking to purchase a new clippers so if you don’t want to go through the whole article and you are in hurry then don’t worry as we have provided these 3 top picks from the entire list which you can purchase blindly.
What should you be on the lookout for when it comes to Clippers for Maine Coons?
When looking for the finest clippers for Maine Coon Cats, there are a few things to keep in mind. The most essential qualities are that they are silent clippers that allow you to cut your Maine Coon quickly and thoroughly. Other things to check for include the number of strokes per minute (SPM), the decibel range, and the motor style.
When looking for a cat clipper, keep the following in mind:
Strokes Per Minute (SPM)
Grooming clippers for cats will have a stroke rate of 2,000 to 7,000 per minute. Some manufactures advertise their SPM as very high or extremely low. Because each company calculates strokes per minute separately, this is the case. Some manufacturers consider a stroke to begin when the blade reaches the left, while others consider a stroke to begin when the blade touches the left and then returns.
In general, the louder the clippers are, the higher the SPM. If you do decide to purchase clippers, make sure they have a small number of strokes per minute. With clippers, the loudest you should go is 60 db. Your Maine Coon will most likely grow afraid or annoyed if it becomes any louder.
Noise and vibration levels:
Some clippers claim to be noise and vibration-free. A clipper that is quiet and slow will help your cat remain relaxed while being clipped.
During a long grooming session, certain products might get too hot. Buy a clipper that won’t cause your cat’s skin to burn. Precise motor units generally take longer to heat up.
Another factor to consider is your degree of comfort. Cramping might occur as a result of grooming sessions. Purchase a clipper that does not allow for a comfortable grip to offer your cat the finest grooming experience possible.
9 Best Clippers For Maine Coon Cats (Comparison Table)
Wahl Clipper Pet-Pro Dog Grooming Kit
Andis EasyClip Ultra Adjustable Blade Clipper Kit
Andis ProClip Speed Detachable Blade Clipper
Oster Golden A5 Two-Speed Animal Grooming Clippers with Detachable CryogenX
Wahl Lithium Ion Pro Series Cordless Animal Clippers
Oster A6 Cool Comfort Heavy Duty Clipper with Detachable Blade
WAHL Lithium Ion Deluxe Pro Series Rechargeable Pet Clipper Grooming Kit
Oster Clipmaster Grooming Clipping Machine
Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe U-Clip Pet
9 Best Clippers For Maine Coon Cats (Buying Guide)
Category: Best affordable clipper for Maine coon cats.
It’s typical for a pet parent to be taken aback by fur. This clipper will show you why Wahl is such a well known and trusted name in cat care. This Wahl Pet Pro Clipper Grooming Kit 9281-210 has everything you need.
- Features: It is a hair brush and de-shedder tool comes with following features:
- Allow for easy coat length identification and slide through thick coats with ease; this package also features a handy storage box.
- Color guide combs are also included in this package, making it simple to achieve your chosen coat length.
- 30 percent savings thanks to a patented power drive system. With our silent and gentle dog hair clippers, you can effortlessly blast through thick coats swiftly and gently; convert grooming sessions into bonding time.
- Material: The Wahl Pet Pro Clipper Grooming Kit has blades made of high-carbon stainless steel that stay sharper for extended period of time.
- Motor: With 1.5 times more power, Wahl’s PowerDrive Cutting System cuts even the thickest coats with ease.
Category: best affordable clipper for Maine coon cats.
If you want to save money while still getting a powerful clipper, this Andis choice is for you. Because this clipper is corded, you’ll have to wrap the cord around your cat as you work, which can be a pain. The fact that they are corded and inefficient stopped them from being our top pick. However, we feel they are the finest clippers for Maine Coon cats for the money, especially given the low price and excellent performance.
- Features: This attachment can fit into any KitchenAid stand mixer present at home. It has following features:
- 4 attachment comb sizes 1/4-, 1/2-, 3/4-, and 1-inch, instructional DVD, blade guard, blade brush, blade oil, and a soft zipped pouch are included in this adjustable blade clipper 10 pieces package.
- This clipper is for cutting thin to medium coats. Sizes 30-15-10 are adjustable on the blade. Use one of the supplied attachment combs for extended cutting lengths.
- This clipper is relatively quiet when in operation, so your cat won’t be frightened by it.
- Material: Even after prolonged usage, the blade does not become heated because they are made of stainless steel. Since replacement blades aren’t available, you’ll have to buy a new clipper if you ever need to replace it.
- Motor: The small rotary motor clipper features an ergonomic design for enhanced comfort and is designed for mild body trimming.
Category: Best corded clippers for Maine coon cats.
Are you looking for a reliable clipper at nominal price? Well, I have found Andis ProClip Speed Detachable Blade Clipper, Professional Animal Grooming, which has great design and is not cordless. These Andis clippers have received over 1,000 Amazon reviews and over 100 Chewy reviews for a purpose: they’re excellent.
- Features: This has a very sturdy appearance. It has:
- When the clippers are in operation, Andis has included a locking button to prevent them from unintentionally shutting off while shaving your Maine Coon.
- These clippers have an extremely quiet rotary motor. With two speed options of 2,700 and 3,400 strokes per minute and no fan or vents, these clippers are extremely quiet.
- The housing was cleverly designed to keep the rotary motor cool, eliminating the need for a fan and ventilation. Because there are no vents, no pet hair may enter the housing through the vents, reducing the clippers’ lifespan.
- Material: It features stainless steel blades and the rest of the body is made from polymer.
- Motor: Andis has built these clippers without any ventilation or an internal fan, which is rare for rotary motor clippers.
Category: best clipper for Maine coon cat with warranty.
Hey there I am bringing best of the options for best clipper Maine Coon available on amazon. The Oster 2 – Speed Golden A5 professional animal clipper is a more stylish, quicker, more adaptable solution to trim your pets. You can quickly knock down thick coatings and difficult carpets because to the strong universal motor.
- Features: The design is very classy and elegant. It has following amazing feature:
- Because this is a corded clipper, it might be difficult to manage the cord around your cat when grooming.
- Although it includes a two-speed motor to assist keep it cool, we noticed that both the blade and the device itself heated up rapidly.
- They certainly have a lot of strength, so getting through the thick fur of a Maine Coon won’t be an issue.
- Because this clipper only includes with one blade for your cat’s paws, face, and bottom, you may need to purchase extra blades for longer trims.
- Material: The blade is made up from strong stainless steel. The Golden A5’s strong motor is encased by a practically impenetrable chew-proof casing that will endure the test of time, so you won’t have to worry about chewed up clippers.
- Motor: The clipper comes with universal motors.
Category: Best high carbon steel clipper for Maine coon cats.
If you are looking for a clipper brand that is used by professional groomer, I have found Wahl is a well-known grooming brand all over the globe. Since 1919, they’ve been making grooming items. The Bravura pet clippers are, without a doubt, the greatest pet clippers on the market today. The Wahl Bravura pet clippers are used by professional groomers for a purpose.
- Features: First of all, this has a large blade and many more features such as:
- This is a cordless clipper set that gives you a lot of mobility when grooming your Maine coon cat.
- The battery lasts long enough to carry you through your grooming session, so you won’t have to look for the charger while you’re working. If desired, you can use this while plugged in.
- It comes with Wahl’s trademark 5-in-1 blade, which is ideal for length changes, as well as length guidelines to make trimming a breeze.
- Material: Self-sharpening, precisely ground high carbon steel blades from Wahl stay sharper for longer. Cuts off big and heavy coats with ease.
- Motor: With 1.5 times higher power, Wahl’s PowerDrive Cutting System casually cuts the thickest coats.
Category: Best high speed clipper for Maine coon cat.
Hey there are you still in the process of looking? Then buy this Oster A6 Cool Comfort Clipper. If you’re searching for the best performing clipper for your pet, go with the A6 Cool Comfort Clipper.
- Features: This is an electrical multipurpose peeler with all the amazing features such as:
- The A6 Cool Comfort clipper has a greater efficiency, precision-tuned, heavy-duty power motor that spins at over 4,000 RPM (Strokes Per Minute).
- This clipper has one-touch speed settings and zinc alloy engineering (which makes it lighter), making it simple to trim your pet’s coat with ease and agility.
- Unlike conventional clippers, the ergonomic design keeps you cool.
- Material: Oster Professional blades are made of high-quality carbon steel and are handmade to the exacting specifications for long-lasting accuracy and efficiency. The Crryogenic-X blade treatment improves the welding operation even further.
- Motor: It includes a patent-pending drive technology that uses a precision-calibrated motor to provide ultra-smooth and economical cutting.
Category: best nominal price clipper for Maine coon cats.
Are you looking for a reasonably priced clipper? For cats and other pets, the Wahl Lithium Ion Rechargeable Deluxe Pro Series Cordless Pet Clipper Kit is ideal. The Lithium Ion Rechargeable Deluxe Pro Series Cordless Pet Clipper efficiently cuts through even the toughest of coats, regardless of the length.
- Features: This has a minimal design and following feature:
- Pro Pet is chargeable and portable, and it’s strong, long-lasting, and heavy-duty! The low noise level is beneficial in reducing pet fright.
- The clipper set comes with four guide combs to help you trim your pet’s coat to the length you want. The following are the lengths of the guide combs: 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, ½”.
- Material: Self-sharpening, precisely ground high carbon steel blades from Wahl stay sharper for longer. Cuts down thick and heavy coatings with ease.
- Motor: With a 10-minute rapid charge for instant power and a full charge taking 3-5 hours, the lithium-ion battery can last up to a year without losing its charge.
Category: Best clipper with universal motor for Maine coon cats.
Are you looking for something powerful and high speed clipper? Well I just found one for you, it is Oster Clipmaster Grooming Clipping Machine. The Golden A5’s strong motor is encased by a practically durable chew-proof casing that will endure the test of time, so you won’t have to worry about chewed up clippers. With the Oster Golden A5 clipper, you can choose what the pros use and take the stress out of trimming.
- Features: This has different and sturdy design. Moreover, it has following features.
- The Oster Golden A5 professional animal clipper makes grooming your Maine Coon cats fun, fast, and simple.
- Don’t be fooled by the slower pace; this clipper has plenty of power to tackle even the roughest thick or matted coats while remaining cool to the touch.
- The Golden A5 has a high torque universal motor that prevents you from being slowed down by thick or curly tough coats, allowing you to groom without aggravation.
- Material: Oster carbon steel blades are manufactured and cryogenically treated in the United States to improve the hardening process and ensure long-term endurance.
- Size: It has a universal motor with over 2,100 strokes per minute that can handle any coat, matt, or time.
Category: best grooming clipper set for Maine coon cats.
Are you still looking? Well, I hope this is a deal breaker for you. I have found Wahl Professional Animal Deluxe U-Clip Pet, Dog, & Cat Clipper & Grooming Kit. This is strong, durable, multipurpose and easy to use set. The price is also very nominal.
- Features: It looks like a regular peeler but has many features such as:
- The Deluxe U-Clip, medium duty home grooming kit from Wahl has whatever you need to perform a professional-style clip from the convenience of your own home.
- If your Wahl clipper fails to function adequately during the limited warranty period starting from the date of purchase, Wahl will replace or repair it at the discretion and return it to you completely for free.
- Material: The Deluxe U-Clip includes with a Wahl Standard Adjustable 30-15-10 Blade that effortlessly adjusts between 30, 15, and 10 cut lengths. All of Wahl’s Adjustable blades are manufactured of high-quality steel for long-term durability.
- Motor: Clipping is rapid and effortless at speeds up to 7,200 strokes per minute; this clipper delivers significant power and speed without causing extra heat or disturbance.
Grooming Tutorial Video for Maine Coon Cat
What are the characteristics of Maine Coon cat?
Maine Coons are amongst the most beautiful long-haired cats on the planet. The very first thing you’ll notice about them is their size, but their coats are nearly always a wonder to behold. Maine Coons have thick coats that might get scruffy or matted at times. A Maine Coon’s fur will mat at some time in their lives due to their coats. Matted fur could be a headache to remove, but a good dematting brush will help, or you can use clippers to give them a lion-like appearance. Undercoat, middle coat, and topcoat are the three layers of a fully developed Maine Coon’s coat.
- The topcoat of a Maine Coon does not form until it is grown up. The undercoat of the Maine Coon is made up of thick curling hairs that serve to warm the animal’s body. The undercoat keeps a Maine Coon comfortable in the winter months by helping to regulate their body temperature. Remember, they were originally from Maine, which is a very cold location in the winter.
- In between undercoat and the topcoat is the middle coat. The middle coat is made up of stiff, coarse hair that protects the undercoat from dirt, allergens, and other contaminants.
- Naturally, the topcoat is the top layer of a Maine Coon’s coat. It guards the undercoat, middle coat, and skin against filth and illness while also ensuring that the coats do their function. When your Maine Coon reaches adulthood, their fur may become glossy or oily. This is totally natural and even beneficial. Only if the oily appearance begins to resemble ours when it becomes greasy should you be concerned.
- Make sure your Maine Coon is groomed using the best brush for them and that they are fed the best diet available. While grooming will aid in the maintenance of a good coat, their nutrition is crucial. It’s like trying to get a six-pack at the gym but learning that no matter however many sit-ups you do, they’re exclusively formed in the kitchen.
Cat clipper motors come in a variety:
With cat clippers, there are three distinct sorts of motors to look for. You can tell how strong the clippers are based on the type of motor utilized. They’re known as:
- Rotary Motor: The Rotary Motor is the most powerful of the three motors. However, this implies they are significantly noisier and may need the use of a fan to keep it cool. The only one out of three that can have various speed settings is the rotary motor. Clippers with a rotary motor provide the optimum combination of power and speed for heavy-duty clipping.
- Pivot Motor: Pivot motors provide a lot of power yet move slowly. Because of their reduced pace, they may be operated quietly. Interestingly, the power output is double that of a Magnet Motor. With its moderate speed yet tremendous power, the Pivot Motor makes cutting big and heavy hair a breeze.
- Magnetic Motor: The most dependable of the three motors is the magnetic motor. They aren’t as powerful as Rotary or Pivot motors, and they aren’t as silent as a Pivot Motor, despite their great dependability. If you prefer dependability and lifespan above power and noise, magnetic motor clippers are the way to go.
Also Read : Best Cat Brush For Long Haired Cats
Thank you for taking the time to read our article about the best clippers for Maine Coon cats. Any of the aforementioned clippers, in my view, are the finest cat clippers for matted fur. These are all made to handle the difficult mats and tangles that your Maine Coon cat, or any long-haired cat for that matter, would encounter. You will need to groom your Maine Coon cat yourself or take it to a groomer. A decent professional set of pet clippers for matted fur should, in my opinion, be in every Maine Coon cat parent’s grooming kit.
Is it okay for me to use human clippers on my cat?
You can technically do so, but you shouldn’t. Our hair clippers are excessively noisy and will startle your cat if you use them to clip them.
Is shaving a Maine Coon cat allowed?
This is a contentious issue. Some vets advise against shaving your Maine Coon because it disrupts their three-layer coat. Others believe this isn’t true and that you may shave them anyway you like.
How often should my Maine Coon Cat be groomed?
Grooming your Maine Coon cat at least twice a week is recommended. You should use the best brushes for long haired cats to do this. Their nutrition is also quite essential and has a significant impact on their coat.